Saturday, August 28, 2010

Chocolate Fudge Cake





This recipe comes out of Nigella Bites and is absolutely luscious. I made it today for my son Tanner's 17th birthday and from the reactions from everyone I do believe it might be my new "go to" recipe for special occasions from now on.

I do need to learn patience though....... I just can't seem to wait for any cake to cool enough to put the icing on. In my defense, I was fighting off 3 teenagers and a 10 year old who wanted to dip into my frosting while the cake was cooling, so they may have rushed me just a bit. Oh well! No one seemed to mind, they all loved it!

Here is a link if you want to try Nigella's Chocolate Fudge Cake.

3 comments:

  1. Mika, I love that cake. I first had it at a friend's BBQ housewarming and his mum had made the cake. I asked her for the recipe and she told me it was in Nigella Bites. At that stage I was not so obsessed with cooking, but that all changed with this one cake and my first Nigella cookbook. I often make this cake for adults for birthdays. My kids are at the age where they want a 'shaped' cake - next one I have to do is a butterfly.

    I don't understand your duck picture on this post. Is it an American thing? ... I am confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jutta,
    I think I left my blog up and my son had fun with it while I was gone. I was shocked when I saw it! LOL! Teenagers! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made this!! IT's utterly delicious, isn't it?

    I had EXACTLY the same problem with the icing!! It slid right off because the cake was still warm.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola