Saturday, August 21, 2010

Smoked Trout Pate


I was intrigued when I saw this recipe in my Nigella Express cookbook. While purchasing some lump crab at our local fish market I noticed they also carried the smoked trout I would need to make this appetizer.

Smoked Trout Pate
(printable copy)

2 smoked trout fillets, about 4 oz total
1/4 cup cream cheese
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Put all of the above into a food processor and blend until smooth and serve.





It couldn't be easier to make. Just blitz everything in your food processor and you are ready to eat.



If you are worried about it being too fishy don't be. It tasted smoky, citrusy and creamy.  We tried it on both water table crackers and a baguette, both were a hit but I think we enjoyed it on the baguette a little more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola