Sunday, September 12, 2010

Freezing Bananas for Bread



If you have bananas going bad.... here is a great way to freeze them.

Since making Tessa Kiros banana bread a few weeks ago, I really hate to see bananas getting tossed in the trash when they get too ripe. I've tried just sticking the whole thing peel and all in the freezer but I think it's hard to get the peel off and it's really messy.

Jim and I tried an experiment with our food saver and it works beautifully! Just mash up your bananas.




Put them in a Seal a Meal bag....



And seal.



This bag of mashed bananas has been in my freezer for about 2 weeks. It looks great!  All I need to do is thaw and make some bread.

1 comment:

  1. These burgers look awesome! I found another dinner for Dennis to fix! The photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola