Saturday, September 4, 2010

Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix



I use Taco Seasoning mix in a variety of different dinners but I don't like buying the pre-packaged store mixes which are loaded with salt and preservatives. Homemade seasoning mix is much healthier and tastes much better as well. I like that I can add as much kick as I want from the cayenne cause I like it spicy!




Once you have all the ingredients it calls for you can mix a batch together in just a few minutes and have enough leftover to make many more batches.  I buy the spices I use most often at Sam's because they have those nice big bottles that will last me a few weeks at least.........


Keep a batch made up so you will be ready to cook anytime!

Taco Seasoning Mix

(printable copy)


(use with 1 lb - 2 lbs. of meat depending on how strong you like your taco meat)

2 Tablespoons Chili powder
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
3 teaspoons Cumin
1 teaspoon Seasoning salt
1 teaspoon Black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)

1 comment:

  1. That picture is pretty..lol I know im an odd ball. The season blend you gave sounds so yummy. Do you have one for chili?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola