Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Naan Bread Pizzas



Naan bread pizzas are one of my kids favorites! They get to use their creativity and culinary skills to make their own dinner.





I usually have quite a few ingredients to choose from like bell pepper, mushrooms, black olives, pineapple, onions and turkey pepperoni. I also like to give them variety in the sauce. I put out an alfredo as well as a traditional pizza sauce. To add extra flavor I top the pizzas with dried oregano and garlic powder.




Kontos makes a really good Naan bread in different shapes and flavors. I get plain for the kids and spicy for Jim and I. It keeps wonderfully in the freezer. Just take it out and top it while it's still frozen and pop it in the oven.

Using a pizza stone will give you a great crispy crust in about 10 minutes or so.



Bay made this little masterpiece. She's a big fan of pineapple.


Tanner likes his pizza with everything......except pineapple.



I personally like the pop of sweetness the pineapple gives.






Naan pizzas are a great meal for weekday dinners. So fast and easy and I guarantee you won't get any complaints!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola