Thursday, October 21, 2010

Baked Omelet



Our family loves to have breakfast for dinner occasionally, especially in the Fall and Winter months. This baked omelet is hardy enough for dinner and really delicious to boot.







It's made by layering cheese, vegetables and the meat of your choice twice and pouring an egg mixture over the top and baking for about 30 minutes. When I make the layers I use one can of mushrooms and one can of green chilies for each layer. I love that you can substitute or leave out anything you like as well as change the cheese to your personal favorite. If I'm using ham, I just get two thick cut slices from the deli and use one slice cubed for each layer. I also have made a Mexican version with sausage with salsa and sour cream on top. It's so versatile which is just what a working mom like me needs! I believe I got this recipe years ago out of Quick Cooking Magazine, you can get the recipe here.



With the cool Fall winds blowing outside..... wouldn't a nice hardy breakfast be just the thing for dinner tonight?

1 comment:

  1. I love breakfast for dinner! The omelette looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola