Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pecan Pie Muffins



Like pecan pie? Well.....you are going to adore these muffins!



Pecan Pie Muffins

(printable copy)


1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Lightly spray muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans, flour, baking powder and salt.

Make a well in the center of the mixture.

In a small bowl, mix together the butter, eggs and vanilla.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.

Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin pans, filling each compartment 3/4 full.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned. Makes about 6 muffins.




*I usually double the recipe to fill a 12 cup muffin pan.



To download a copy of this recipe click here.



I like to get my dry ingredients together the night before and I also get the coffee ready. I love fast easy breakfasts!



Like I said....I like to double the recipe to fill up my 12 cup muffin tin or fairy cake tin as Rachel Allen says. This isn't a RA recipe but I've been playing on her new app and looking at her recipes and now I can't stop calling muffin pans........ fairy cake tins....too cute!





If you can't wait until Thanksgiving for your pecan pie fix......

give these little fairy cakes a try!

2 comments:

  1. That Rachel Allen app makes me want to go out and get an iPhone. Sounds like it has some tasty treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this sounds so delectable. Kenzie and I are going to have to make it this weekend and I'm gonna post on our Tasty Tuesdays...please don't sue me for stealing your recipe! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola