Sunday, October 10, 2010

Roast Beef and Gravy



Okay...you guys are seriously gonna have to trust me on this.
This roast beef has a major no-no in it (you will see...) but it is the best roast I have ever made and I have made this one for years. It's that good!



First I like to sear off the roast to keep all the great juices inside and give it a wonderful color.



Okay.....here's the no-no I was telling you about.
I know....I know. Can soup! Ewww! Especially when 
you put 3 very different flavors together like cheddar 
cheese, golden mushroom and french onion soups.
Like I said......you are really gonna have to trust me 
here.




Mix all the soups together and add some mushrooms into the crockpot and cook all day. No real recipe...... and see.....
it's already starting to look like gravy.


Here it is after it's cooked. I like to squish the roast with a wooden spoon and it falls apart in long wonderful shreds. And look at that gravy! Wait until you taste it over mashed potatoes. Heaven!




No one will ever guess our secret.........I promise!

Plus if you get at least a 4 pound roast you can make the fabulous soup I'm making tomorrow night with the leftovers.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm going to trust you...can't wait to see what the soup is like. I love recipes where the leftovers become something else!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola