Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Roast Beef and Green Chili Panini



I adore chili rellenos but when I don't want to go to all the fuss of making them I make a Roast Beef and Green Chili Panini instead.

This panini has all the same flavors but is much easier to make.




To start you need a really good firm sourdough bread.
Panera Bread makes a lovely sourdough that won't get soggy or fall apart while cooking. Plus leftovers makes great toast for breakfast!




Next put on a nice horseradish spread, then add two pieces of provolone(one on each slice of the sandwich). The cheese on each side will act as the glue to hold all the chilies and roast beef inside.

Top one piece of the cheese with two whole green chilies that have been butterflied open.


Add some lean roast beef thinly sliced from your local deli.




Now.........grill until crispy .........

Do you like my white trash panini press.... a kitchen tile and two cans of chicken broth?
Hey, it works.




If you like chili rellenos like me, you really need to try 
this.  You'll be glad you did!

1 comment:

  1. Mika this is right up my alley! Since I'm from NM I ADORE all things with green chili in them...can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola