Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm Published!!!




About a year and a half ago someone contacted me about using a recipe of mine in a cookbook entitled "One Big Table" by the well known cookbook author Molly O'Neill. "One Big Table" is to be the ultimate community cookbook, a portrait of Americans and their food. Molly has been collecting and gathering stories for nearly a decade. The book is a self portrait of America through the home cook, of which I am one!

I remember being pretty nervous about being interviewed but the girl who called put me at ease right away. Talking to her was like talking to an old friend. She asked questions about my the recipe, what I like to cook, about my family and about my love of different cultures.

My love of different cultures stems from adopting my youngest child from South Korea. We have had many Exchange Students from there as well. The picture they used was of our family visiting our "oldest daughter" (favorite exchange student) on our birth land trip to Seoul in 2007. Yejoo (the one flashing the peace sign) was with us the entire year of 2004. She became part of our family and we still consider her our daughter.

As the article says I love to cook food from different countries. My favorites are Korean of course, Mexican, Chinese, Indian and Greek and Moroccan and the spicier the better. The recipe they picked is one I use often. I adore soups and stews anytime but especially in the winter. This one always reminds me of our many trips to Santa Fe and all the wonderful soups and green chili stews they have there.







Some of Molly's other books include "The New York Cookbook", "The Pleasure of your Company", "Well Seasoned Appetite and "American Food Writing".

Here's a little bit about Molly..
......

Molly O'Neill is the food columnist for the New York Times Sunday Magazine and a reporter for the "Style" section of the New York Times. She grew up in Columbus, Ohio as the oldest child, and only daughter, of five children. For ten years she worked as a chef and studied cooking at La Verenne in Paris. Twelve years ago she began writing for a living, first as a columnist at Boston Magazine, then at Food and Wine Magazine. In 1984, she became the restaurant critic for New York Newsday and moved to the New York Times in 1989. She has been nominated for Pulitzer Prize two times. Her first book, The New York Cookbook, won both the Julia Child/IACP and James Beard Awards. An avid baseball fan, O'Neill might be spotted in the stands at Yankee Stadium watching her brother, Yankee outfielder Paul O'Neill. She lives in a bright, funky loft in Hell's Kitchen, New York City.







And finally here is my long awaited page.........

4 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! Now, when are you going to write a cookbook? I'll bet it would be a best seller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beyond exciting! I can't wait to get a hold of this cookbook...Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being published - that's quite an honor to be included in someone's cookbook. Thanks for visiting my site and I'm enjoying yours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola