Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Perfect Baked Potato



I LOVE baked potatoes and one of the cravings I have most often is for a garlicky baked potato that I can stuff with just about anything.

Today I was having a craving like that so the kids and I decided to have one for lunch.

There are a lot of ways to make a baked potato, in the Microwave (cringe), in the oven wrapped in foil, in the oven plain with out any wrapping and this way. This is more of a technique than anything.

I found that making my baked potatoes this way yields a potato with crispy, garlicky skin and creamy, soft, buttery center.





First, after I scrub the potatoes, I put some olive oil in a plastic bag and insert the potatoes one at a time and get them well coated.




Next I put some kosher salt and some granulated garlic on a plate and mix well.




Roll your oil coated tuber in the garlic salt mixture until all sides are covered.




Next put them right on the rack in an oven preheated to 375 degrees and bake for an hour or until they are soft to the touch.





If you like to eat the skins on a regular potato.....just wait until you try this one. One word of caution though, taste your potato before adding any extra salt. You will probably find that it won't need any more.

On a side note...once refrigerated overnight you can chop these up and fry them in a little butter and they make great home fries to go along with your eggs for breakfast.



Viola! The perfect baked potato!




What are you craving right about now?

10 comments:

  1. That sounds delish and I am a HUGE fan of eating the potato skin, so I know I would love them baked like this!

    Thanks for sharing!

    -Mrs. Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great tip! I've never done baked potatoes this way. I like to eat the skin and I love garlic...sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks so mouthwateringly delicious!

    ~Mrs. Albright
    AKA Dawn's Diversions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the follow! I'm now following you back.

    My holiday giveaways are at http://www.youngwifeandmom.com/p/holiday-reviews-giveways.html

    Take care! =)

    ~ Tiffany
    YoungWifeAndMom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mika . . . well, I'm craving one of those awesome baked potatoes! One of my favorite foods . . .

    Thanks for following my blog . . . I'm following you now :-)

    Happy Thanksgiving . . . Gina

    http://myfloridaparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I am going to have to try this recipe! Following you back from my Channeling Ricky blog. Thanks for the follow. Love cooking blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a recipe I could go for! Thanks for following! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love baked potatoes and yours looks fabulous!
    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds good. I can't wait to check out more of you recipes. Thank you for following, I am now following you back:)

    Having Fun Blogging
    mrsphilipswithonel@gmail.com
    http://mrsphilipswithonel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola