Sunday, November 28, 2010

Turkey Stew with Thyme, Rosemary and Parmesan



Okay people! Finally the last of the turkey. It was really good but I am seriously ready to move on. Anyway......... to use up the last of my leftovers I decided to make a turkey stew with cornbread. What did you do with yours?





Before I get to the recipe I have to show you my Bobby Flay cast iron dutch oven. Jimmy knew I had been wanting it and picked it up on Black Friday for me. I love it!  Thank you Jimmy, I love you too!




Turkey Stew with Thyme, Rosemary and Parmesan

(printable copy)


1 lb. leftover turkey, chopped
1 lb. baby carrots, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 potatoes, scrubbed and cubed with skin on
4 cans chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil in dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is translucent. Add celery, carrots, potatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender. Add herbs and turkey and cook an additional 15 minutes. Top with fresh parmesan cheese and serve.




Jimmy must have really liked it because he said
"make sure and put that recipe back for next year"!
No problem honey....... ;)

19 comments:

  1. Left a comment on another post but forgot to tell you I am now following. (PS - Love the clock!)

    Best,
    Charlene (from Relax & Surf Hop)
    www.beamingbalance.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very yummy pictures! Be sure to stop bye today to leave your link. I know others would love to follow you!!

    http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mika! Thanks for visiting me - I'm following you, too. Your stew looks so warm and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks yummy! Thanks for stopping by my blog Pocket Full of Pink. Your blog is lovely! I am a follower. Take care-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this looks like the best turkey soup recipe I've ever seen, now I know what to do with my leftover turkey! My hubby will be so happy! You'll have to let me know how you like your Bobby Flay Dutch oven, is it cast iron? It looks beautiful, and I'm thinking it would make a great wedding gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your blog looks so yummy it makes me hungry. Loved reading it will be back to try some of these recipes.. now following you back from the Monday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thyme is my favorite herb, I use it in everything I can. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mika, thanks for visiting my blog! This sounds like a great way to use up leftover turkey... we've still got a ton left, so may be making soup soon. :) I'm now your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy... oh and {heart} the new dutch oven! your newest blog hop follower. happy soon to be Monday. would *love* a follow back. you can find me at:

    http://aceandfriendsco.blogspot.com/

    lots of FUN giveaways... come by and enter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy recipe!! Thanks for following my blog, I am now following you back!

    http://oklahomahomemaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mika... Great timely (for me) recipe. My wife and I are empty nesters that had a house full of nieces and nephews. At the beginning, only one or two runny noses, now my wife and I are enjoying a few extra days in bed.

    A nice hot bowl of turkey soup sounds terrific right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that recipe makes my mouth water...yumm! I am your newest follower from monday meet please follow me back at http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/ thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum, I think I'm inspired!! Just hopping over to say hello- I'm a new follower and would love a follow back! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yummy blog! I think I'm overeating just reading it

    thanks for the follow at For One Another

    following back

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great!! I'm blog hopping and am your newest follower! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for joining mailbox monday! i'm your newest email subscriber

    www.mamalovesherbargains.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi I'm following you from the Love is everywhere bloghop! This looks delish! Come check me out @ http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com/

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for stopping by and following, and that turkey stew looks so savory and comforting. I must try it soon. Oh yeah, I'm now following you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola