Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Dinner 2010



As I posted in my Christmas Dinner menu planning post 
a couple of weeks ago, we had.....


Tenderloin Steak Medallions

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits

Hearts of Romaine Salad with Parmesan and Blue 
Cheese dressing with croutons

and




............for our Christmas dinner and if I do say so myself,
 it was awesome!  ;)




If you haven't made Garlic Cheddar biscuits, 
you have been missing something!
These biscuits are to die for!  They are one 
version of the ones they make at Red Lobster.  
You know we love them because we go to Red 
Lobster EVERY Christmas Eve and then make 
our own similar homemade biscuits the very next 
day!  


Garlic Cheddar Biscuits


2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
4 tablespoons cold butter
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
3/4 cup cold whole milk
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Topping

2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 pinch salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine Bisquick and cold butter.  Don't over mix, there should be small chunks of butter about the size of peas.

Add cheddar, milk and 1/4 tsp. garlic powder,

Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.

Drop 9 equal portions onto a greased baking sheet.

Bake for 15-17 minutes or until tops are light brown.

Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a bowl and stir in 1/2 
teaspoon garlic powder and parsley flakes.

Use a pastry brush to spread garlic butter over tops of biscuits.




There is no better way to top off a holiday meal 
than with a slice of Tessa Kiros' carrot cake with 
a nice hot cup of coffee. 

I hope all of you had a very happy and yummy 
Christmas!

25 comments:

  1. That looked so yummy! I may try those biscuits, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Chrisrmas and Happy New Year 2011.

    Best Wishes and Happiness.
    Nan
    http://theblogfrog.com/1233755
    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower!
    Please follow back, I would greatly appreciate it!
    Quick Tattletails
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you really know how to make someone hungry don't you? lol

    I have 2 cookbooks that have that recipe (or a similar one on how to make Restaurant favorites at home) and I don't dare make them because I would eat EVERY ONE! I adore those!!!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    I am soooo happy you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhhh I need to make these tonight. It sounds delish! I've been looking for a Red Lobster biscuit recipe for years! New follower from Carrie With Childrens Sunday blog hop! I'm so glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas dinner looks delicious. I like the idea of steak and pasta but never think to put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo, those garlic biscuits look amazing! i just wrote down the recipe & will need to make these in the near future. looks pretty easy too. thanks!
    i appreciate you coming over & following me today. happy christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious!

    Merry Christmas!
    I'm your new follower =9
    Would love a follow back, and a follow on Bloglovin' if possible =D

    http://sockertussen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. new follower via the blog hop! YOur Christmas dinner looked irresistable! I ahev to try those biscuits - love the ones at Red Lobster! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for coming by my blog!
    I LOVE those garlic cheese biscuits... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm, looks yummy!

    Thanks for stopping by Making Friends Monday last week. I am following you back now. If you have time to join us again we would love to see you!
    - Leandrea

    http://couponsaregreat.net/2010/12/26/making-friends-monday-december-28/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word did that look yummmmmy. I'm so hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Those garlic cheddar biscuits sure do sound yummy!! I am following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That tenderloin steak looks soooo DEE-LISH-US!! You sure know how to make a mouth water! :-)

    Happy Monday Darling! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks delicious!!!
    I bet you enjoyed Christmas!

    I'm visiting from meet me monday and I'm your new follower.

    Enjoy the rest of your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cheddar biscuits look amazing! Made similar ones but they certainly didn't turn out as well as yours look. J-E-A-L-O-U-S!
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks delicious! Cheddar biscuits are my favorite and so easy to make! I am following back!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Always great to meet a knitter. Your dinner looks like it was delicious! Returning the follow. Happy holidays!

    www.zibelineknits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for visiting my blog, oh my your blog is so delicious, I love it. Now following you back.

    The Mommy's Place
    http://themommysplace.net/blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for following my blog. I'm now following you back.

    Your Christmas dinner looks wonderful. Best wishes for a wonderful New Year.

    Michele
    http://kidswonderart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello! I am your newest follower from a Monday Blog Hop. I would love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
    http://motherdaughterconnection.blogspot.com/
    http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks AMAZING!! you can come cook dinner at my house any night :D
    Following you back.
    I also have a networking blog where you can submit recipes and link back to your blog if you are interested...
    www.atozformomslikeme.com
    www.atozformomslikeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, YUM! That looks awesome! I almost made similar biscuits, but went with home-made focaccia (spelling?) bread instead.
    I love your beautiful, impressive recipes! What a blessing :)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  24. YUM! Neat blog. Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! :D I am now following you too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving this post so much. Thank you for sharing.


    I have awarded some of my fave blogs with the Inspired Blog Award. You are on my list, congrats! Continue to do what you do so well in inspiring us all.

    Happy 2011 from Lesapea.

    XX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola