Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cream Cheese Chicken with Thyme



Jim and I were running around delivering Christmas presents to our sweet neighbors this afternoon so we opted to do a crockpot dinner tonight. It's so nice knowing dinner will be ready and waiting for us when we get home. The holidays are busy enough without worrying about dinner.



Cream Cheese Chicken with Thyme


2 1/2 to 3 lbs Chicken breasts
1 (2/3 ounce) pkg. Italian salad dressing mix

4 tablespoons melted butter (divided)
1 small onion, chopped
1 pkg. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon thyme
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 (8 ounce) pkg. Cream cheese
1/2 cup chicken broth


Sear chicken in a skillet until browned but not done. Put chicken in a crock pot sprayed with cooking spray and sprinkle with Italian seasoning mix and top with 2 tablespoons melted butter.

In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter and cook onions,mushrooms and garlic for about 5 minutes or until cooked down.Add soup, cream cheese, chicken broth and thyme and stir until smooth.

Add cream cheese mixture to the crock pot and cook on low for low for 4-6 hours.





Whenever I use my crockpot I always sear my meat first. Even if a recipe doesn't say to ....don't skip this step, it helps the meat stay moist and tender by locking in the juices.







Look how nice and creamy the sauce is!




After the chicken has been cooking for a few hours it can chopped and shredded with the back of a wooden spoon and kitchen shears.




I served mine with fettuccine but it would be just as good over mashed potatoes or even baked potatoes.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds great...I choose fettuccine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled across your blog and am eager to try this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious - so creamy and perfect for a cozy dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the visit! Following you back. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the delay in stopping by. I am now following. I am looking forward to new yummy recipes!

    www.kirsyscreations.com
    http://kirsyscreations.blogspot.com
    http://ninasmomma.blogspot.com

    ~Kirs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried a crockpot meal like this. It looks scrummy!! I think I'm missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great... following you from Traveling Thursdays. I'd love for you to come visit me at www.aseasonforallthings.blogspot.com and www.eclectichomeschool4life.blogspot.com. ~ Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so yummy and satisfying... my kids love chicken and I am sure it will be great... hope try soon
    Thanka a lot for stopping by hope you like it... I am not a good cook as you but do you see the recipe of our traditional cookies... may be you like it... get the recipes from here

    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/2010/11/cookies.html

    Love
    Farah
    P.S I am your newest follower too

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks really good! I like cooking with thyme. It has a very distict flavor that I relaly like. Thanks for visiting today. I'm your newest follower. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola