Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Christmas Presents


Okay......
I did get some stuff that didn't have anything to do with the 
kitchen but these were some of my favorite gifts.  For a foodie like
me this stuff is seriously cool!  

I've seen Nigella use golden syrup and English mustard and Rachel Allen
makes a mean shortcrust pastry with a tart tin.  I'm going to see if I can 
have some fun with these items too.





And look.... I got some saffron!  My dear husband bought the big
 package too!  What a good husband!!  Now to find the perfect recipe.....



We had this Maldon smoked sea salt on our steaks Christmas Day.
Wow!  It really gave the meat and awesome flavor.  
I want to experiment with all kind of flavored salts.  I'm really 
intrigued by them.

Check out these flavors at Fusion Salt........amazing!  I want to try 
every one of them!



I think I was the only cook without a zester.  Well.....no more!  



I put this little baby on my Christmas list after seeing Nigella, 
Jamie O and Rachel Allen use scales instead of measuring cups.  
It makes sense that weight would be a better measure than anything
else.  We shall see.........



With this present I have shown my extreme patience.   I'm serious!  
This book came out in like October..........  Everytime I saw it I NEVER 
looked inside.  I admit to touching the cover and sighing but I never 
looked inside.  Cross my heart!   I wanted to save the fun for Christmas 
morning.  It was hard but I persevered!  Look how many recipes I found 
to try.........just a few.......  ;)

11 comments:

  1. looks like you got a great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great foodie gifts! I'm loving them all! I hope you make some Nigella recipes and share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to hear what you think of Nigella's cookbook. I just love her and would love to hear what you thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful presents.
    Thank you for your lovely comment in my blog.
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your gifts! I laughed out loud about the Nigella cook book because I did the same thing over my Ina cookbook! LOL! Santa was good to you! Happy New Year!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Santa was very good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Santa dropped off all the good lute at your house...I love Nigella...I don't have that book yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.... and yeah, you do have a good husband! Happy Holidays, following from Green Holiday Blog Hop
    CJR @ The Mommy Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Newest follower... Just swinging by to show some comment love..and you are NOT the only cook without a zester.. bwahahahahaha I have YET to buy one.. lol. (= happy New Years

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great gifts! Thanks for stopping by 3MomsIn1.com today via the blog hop. Nice to meet you! -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola