Sunday, January 16, 2011

Moroccan Spiced Soft Tacos


This recipe comes from my husband Jim who was sweet enough to 
make lunch for us all today.  He made up this recipe after looking at 
a few similar rubs and I have to say that it's packed with delicious 
Moroccan flavor! 

Jim is fantastic on the grill and loves experimenting with spices as
much as I do.  I'll have a lot more grilling recipes from him in the future. 







Moroccan Spice Rub

(printable copy)


1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons ginger, minced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
8 garlic cloves, minced
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
Mix first 8 ingredients in a bowl and rub on chicken that has been
pounded flat.  Marinate overnight.
Grill until done and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.



I made my tomatillo-avocado dip to accompany Jim's tacos.
It was fun to cook together....thanks for a great lunch honey! 

20 comments:

  1. Those look yummy!! Thanks for stopping by. Now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I love Moroccan spice rubs! The last time I had a Moroccan spice rub was on a piece of halibut - it was also delicious! How nice of Jim to make lunch for everyone! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow and for participating in the Say Hi Sunday Blog Hop. Happy to be following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest follower from the Sunday blog hop. All the recipes look delicious! Definitely going to have to come back and try a few!
    Would love for you to follow back!

    http://singlemominspiration.blogspot.com/2011/01/christina-taylor-green-9-year-old.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new look of your blog!!
    We would love these tacos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, I have to try this!!!! Looks so good. Gotta love it when the hubby cooks, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog ALWAYS makes me hungry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We visited our kids in Germany about a 10 years ago and went to the Spanish beach for a week near Gibratar. We ended up making a day tour over to Morocco, which included lunch. I was so distracted by the belly dancer who performed the entire meal, I can't remember the food at all. Your tacos look and sound delicious so I'll have to try them to see what Moroccan food taste like. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful spice rub for grilled meat. I think the tacos are a perfect idea. Awesome.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so good! Followed you through Mingle Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greetings from Mingle Monday and thanks for stopping by my blog. These look delicious!! My hubs loves using rubs (for BARBECUE!!) too - perhaps I can convince him to add this to his arsenal!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow yummy foods. Just visiting from Monday mingle but already a follower. See you.

    You can visit here

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great! Will Jim come grill for me?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great! Those mini lattice cherry pies look sooooo good too!

    I'm your new follower (GFC krishackney) from the Green Mam Blog Hop, and I'd love for you to follow me back at my new blog (not Mama Needs a Nap) at Mamaswears.com! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW- what a great combination of flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. okay, my mouth is watering, this looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds delicious my husband is a great cook and he could easily do this or any recipe we find here. I love all the recipes I've read so far. Thanks for following me and I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola