Thursday, February 10, 2011

Crocheting for my Pantry


Today I'm sharing something not from my pantry but ..........for my pantry.  

My potholders are all old and grungy so I decided to make 
some new ones.  I looked on Ravelry for a knitted pattern but 
fell in love with this vintage crocheted pattern by Maryse.  My 
great Aunt Eva taught me to crochet when I was a little girl but I 
haven't crocheted in a few years.  Lately I've been concentrating 
on my knitting and learning how to knit socks and other things.





I love the vintage feel of  this potholder, not to mention the great
colors!  It was fun watching them take shape.  The only problem 
is that my husband refuses to use them!  He says they are just 
for show.  I guess I will have to get the first stain on them before 
he will touch them.  


If you'd like the pattern, Maryse has it here or you can also go to her
Ravelry page here and see what colors other crocheters have used.
It's a great pattern!  Try it out yourself........
  

8 comments:

  1. Looks great! Great blog! Loving these hops!

    Please hop on by!
    XO - Jami
    i m a g i n e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I followed you on google friends from www.madamedeals.com. I hope you follow me back. Thanks : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I love old fashioned pot holders -- reminds me of my grandmother who I really miss!

    I'm a new follower from the Thursday blog hop.

    Marie
    bonkersinbarnhart.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on them. Seems as though my grandmother, who lived next door, always had the needles working as she relaxed in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are an important part of the pantry, and you did a lovely job on your pot holders! I can't knit or crochet . . . some day! It's on my "bucket list" LOL!!! Have a great weekend!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Thank you for linking up for frugal friday at www.madamedeals.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for stopping by Kortney's krazy Life! I'm following you back! Come over and say hi anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am following from the blog hop
    jamiebartley(at)aol.com
    http://jamie-bartley.blogspot.com

    Great blog. I post recipes myself.

    check back for great giveaways

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola