Thursday, March 17, 2011

California Club Sandwiches on Sourdough



Today I want to share with you my family's absolute favorite sandwich!  I made it this week on Spring break because my oldest son Tyler is home from College and he requested it.   
I also like to have sandwich night once a week.  It gives me an easy dinner to prepare after work and no one ever complains!  This is great to have if you have leftover bacon from breakfast, it makes the assembly that much faster.

To start with you need a fabulous bread.  I buy Panera's Sourdough because I think it is amazing.  It's tangy and the crust is little chewy, it's a great start to a perfect sandwich. 
See how gorgeous it is in the photo, and any leftover makes great toast the next morning!  

Next make sure your veggies are very fresh.  The cucumber, cream cheese, avocado and sprouts give this sandwich a really bright,  fresh taste.  It's so amazing!  Oh my gosh......
I'm craving one right now!






California Club Sandwiches

(printable copy)


8 slices Panera sourdough bread
8 slices deli smoked turkey, thinly sliced
4 slices Swiss Cheese
8 slices crisp cooked bacon
1 avocado, sliced in thin strips
16 slices cucumber, very thinly sliced
1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
mayonnaise
whipped cream cheese

Spread 4 slices toasted bread with mayo, and the other 4 slices 
with cream  cheese.For each sandwich use one slice mayo bread 
and one slice cream cheese  bread.  Per  sandwich  use  2 smoked  
turkey  slices, 1 Swiss  cheese slice, bacon, avocado strips,
4 thin cucumber, and sprouts.
Makes 4 sandwiches

To download a copy of this recipe click here.



What is your favorite sandwich, a Reuben, peanut butter or grilled cheese? 

Let me know......I'd love to hear from you!

19 comments:

  1. That is one fine sandwich...Panera's bread is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sandwich looks really good - I'll have to give their sourdough a try. I'm a definite sandwich lover and trying to come up with one is very difficult, but it's probably a South Jersey sub - as a kid it may have been peanut butter, dill pickles and mayonaise - don't laugh, it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Larry.............peanut butter, dill pickles and mayo? hmmmmmm? I'll have to take your word on that! LOL! BTW...what is a South Jersey sub?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so tasty! I post a reuben-type panini on my blog today! Love finding new sandwich ideas, thx for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading around on your blog and I found the parmesan egg and steak biscuit recipe and Oh. My. Word. That sounds so amazingly delicious.

    This sandwich looks amazing too...but the breakfast you made....made me want to lick the screen.

    I'm visiting you from Acting Balanced: Thirsty for Comments.....and a follower~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am pregnant and now, after seeing those gorgeous pics...am craving one!!
    Yummo!
    Love your blog :-)
    I'm your latest GFC follower.
    So glad I found you through the hop!
    You can reach me at:
    http://rominagarciamartyrhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy!

    I am following you (suelee1998) from the blog hop, you have a great site. Would you please follow me back? http://susansdisneyfamily.blogspot.com/
    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delish! A must make on my list this week : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your blog! I'm your newest follower http://www.memoirs-of-2-wicked-chefs.blogspot.com/ I would love to see you around :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I'm hungry!!! I'm a new follower from Boost My Blog Friday! Great blog! I would love if you'd stop by my blog at http://www.formulamom.com! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mika - Loaf of good Italian bread (from the in town bakery), sliced lengthwise but still hinged. Plenty of ham, salami, capicola, provalone, onion, tomato lettuce, oil and vinegar, S&P. One of the best cold sandwiches on the planet and about 3 bites wide - I used to eat a whole one (85 cents in 1964) but would get two meals from a half now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! Looks yummy!
    I'm your newest follower from the "You Like Me" Friday Blog Hop! I'd love it if you'd check out The Copper Brick Road and follow back!

    Feel free to join my TGIF Friday Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy frig,
    I'm glad I found this blog! Love your header and looks like some tastey recipes in the sidebar!
    Following from the blog hop and would love a follow back

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Friday! I'm your newest follower. I love your blog. I found you through Social Parade.

    April
    Polka Dot Cactus Art
    http://www.polkadotcactusblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wickedly delicious, Mika! And on bread from Panera. On my "must make" list, definitely!

    One of my favorite sandwiches is a Smoked Salmon BLT. Lightly toasted whole grain bread, spread with a mayo mixed with fresh dill/lemon, then layered with Applewood Bacon, Baby Arugula and Sliced Smoked Salmon and sliced beefsteak tomato.

    Can't wait to try yours!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi following you from
    Social Parade Friday!
    Hope you visit me and
    return the follow!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmm, delicious, I love a good sandwich and this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That sandwich looks amazing! I think I'm going to have to run to the store and make one for my self. Happy to have found you on the Tuesday Blog Trail I will be a follower now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola