Sunday, April 17, 2011

Eggs Ole' and Easy Chile Salsa



Our friends Kevin and Jennifer came back to spend the night and have fun 
this weekend.  This morning for breakfast I made them Eggs Ole'!  I first 
saw this recipe over at Plain Chicken's blog.  I just love her blog and knew 
right away that my friends would love it too and they really did!  All through 
breakfast I kept hearing "oh my gosh, this is so good" and that made me 
really, really happy!  






I mean what could be better than a Mexican breakfast casserole covered in 
queso dip?  I know........right?

Eggs Ole'
adapted from Plain Chicken



12 corn tortillas
1 lb. lite breakfast sausage (or chorizo)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
16 eggs (or 10 eggs and 1 1/2 cups eggbeaters)
12 ounces salsa verde (or your favorite)
1 cup light sour cream

Queso dip

16 ounces 2% Velveeta
10 ounces Salsa Verde (or your favorite)

Microwave tortillas in a damp paper towel until soft, about 30 to 60 seconds.
Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray and line the bottom and up the 
sides with the corn tortillas.  Cook the sausage and drain; spread over tortillas 
and top with cheeses.  Mix eggs, sour cream and salsa together and pour over 
cheeses.  

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes or until set.

Queso dip

Combine velveeta and salsa in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave for 30 
seconds at a time until melted and stir.  Top your individual serving of Eggs 
Ole' with dip.



Jimmy and Kevin were elbowing each other to get the first piece.  Those 
guys are crazy!



For the salsa in this recipe I used Marcella Valladolid's Easy Chili Salsa.  
I made it for the first time last week and we liked it so much I have made 
it 4 times since then.  It was fantastic mixed with the Velveeta for the queso 
dip.  We will be making it for more than just breakfast!


If you've got company coming or just need a great weekend breakfast..
this is freaking fantastic!!  Try it!  I think you'll love it as much as we did!!


14 comments:

  1. I really shouldn't visit your blog when I am hungry! This looks so good! I will have to try it out!

    Stopping by from Monday Mingle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. new gfc follower from the hop please stop by www.crichmanfreebies.blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salsa looks fantastic! Everything looks good - from the eggs, chocolate dessert, and cornbread salad! I love cornbread salad...now you've got me craving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mika totally spoiled our family this weekend with all of this wonderful food, everything was so delicious. You really do HAVE to try the Eggs Ole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hop'pin by from 'Give It To Me Monday - A Blog Hop and Giveaway Link up! '. I'm following your blog now, wont you please come and follow me back?? ~KM

    Krafty Max Originals

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy!! i am going to have to make this soon!! new follower from the monday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing looking breakfast, wish I were sleeping over at your place to get this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I'm following you from the SippyCups&ClothBums bloghop and hope that you'll follow me back!

    Nancy

    http://thatsoundslikecrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there!! Adorable blog! Found you through the hops and I'm your newest follower:) Hope you can swing by and return the favor! http://www.mammatown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word!!! That looks DELISH!!! Sadly we don't get half of those ingredients here - but we're heading State-side soon. I may have to make that for my parents one morning (or do a breakfast dinner). And I love eggs, too - they are so healthy for you (despite what people say!). I am hopping over from Time 4 Mommy and am totally following you - I love new recipes and I see I have just hit the goldmine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks really yummy!
    New follower from the blog hop,hope you'll follow me back:)
    http://fulltimeadventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, it looks delicious, and wouldn't it be nice for an Easter brunch! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yum...guess what I am making for dinner tomorrow...enchilladas...what a great foody blog. I just became your newest follower and would love it if you would do the same.

    tina
    embellishments by tina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that sounds good!!

    Thanks for joining the Tuesday Train! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola