Friday, April 8, 2011

Indian Tacos with Cornmeal Cheddar-Jalapeno Waffles



I have been craving an Indian Taco and the State Fair is still months 
away so I decided to make my own.  I have made the traditional Indian 
Fry bread before and I love it, but I wanted to try a different approach 
this time.  I found the Cornmeal Cheddar Waffles on recipes.com and 
thought jalapeno would be an amazing addition! 





Oh my gosh!  This so worked!!  It was fabulous and much better for 
you than fry bread.  It actually has much more flavor without all the fat. 
The waffles turned out so gorgeous and crisp with little green flecks 
of jalapeno for a touch of heat.




To top the waffles I made my Chili and had miscellaneous items available 
also.  We used lettuce, pinto beans, cheddar cheese, onions, sour cream, 
and  cilantro.  Last but not least we had some Cholula sauce to spice it up 
even more.  I like it spicy!! 



So......no need to wait for a Festival or State Fair........enjoy these little 
babies at home anytime!  Your family will love you for it, mine sure did!

14 comments:

  1. Love the addition of the jalepenos in the waffles! Heck, the waffles are just cool in themselves - beats the State Fair to pieces! Great pics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good, Mika! Must tell you that I'm a no-tomato-in-the-Chili person too; at best, I add fresh Salsa and make mine just as yours.

    The waffles look scrumptious with the Jalapenos added and I'll have to try the Cholula sauce next time. Have you ever tried Sambal Oelek? Terrific heat and flavor!

    As usual, thanks for sharing your goodness!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with an Indian taco, but I'd sure dig into this dish. This is the second savory waffle I've seen recently and have never considered it, but what a great idea it is, and your plate looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of an Indian Taco, but this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really yummy! Thanks for following. Now following you back. Looking forward to your awesome dishes. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *tummy growls* That looks delicious, despite that the waffles would probably be a bit too spicy for me.

    Btw, I'm following from the Hop Along and hope you'll come join my Spring Hop, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds and looks delicious. Indian tacos? Hmm, I will have to try this.

    This is Salma from Chasing Rainbow. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Hope you had a great weekend! Just wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU for the bread - it's terrific! Tastes great alone and with cinnamon/sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow, so yummylicious, it makes me so hungry!!

    i'm your newest follower from the Bloggers Party and Hop at TypeA

    Susan at http://tea-diary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious! Really appreciate you linking this up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That must be yummy! waffles as a taco! An unusual combination!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi I am stopping by from Mommy D’s Social Swap Hop =) I am now following your blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I'm just stopping by. This recipe looks amazing--I've certainly never eaten waffles like that, but I'd like to try some!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog, letting me know the contest form wasn't there. Somehow it disappeared. Anyways, you can enter the apron giveaway now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I have never heard of these before! Thanks so much for sharing these on my site. Good luck on the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Likely Lola